Nixle keeps you up-to-date with relevant information from your local public safety departments & schools
The Long Beach Island Health Department distributes the KI pills
at its office at 2119 Long Beach Blvd., Ship Bottom by appointment
To report a power outage, safety hazard or streetlight outage, go to “My Home” at www.atlanticcityelectric.com or call 800-833-7476
NJ Special Needs Registry
The NJ special needs registry is a state-wide registry for residents with special needs. This survey is voluntary, confidential and free. It is designed to assist first responders and emergency planners in identifying those residents that may need assistance in evacuating during an emergency.
What is the NJ Special Needs Registry?
The NJ Special Needs Registry has been established to collect information that emergency responders will need to help locate and evacuate people with Special Needs during an emergency. It will also aid emergency planners in the development of shelter plans for those residents with Special Needs.
Who should register?
You (or someone on your behalf) should register if you may find it difficult to get to safety with Family or Friends or to a public shelter during an emergency evacuation, because of a physical or cognitive limitation, language barrier, or lack of transportation.
How to Register:
- Click on the following link: www.registerready.nj.gov and complete the online registry.
- Call TOLL FREE 2-1-1 and register by telephone.
If you need help or assistance with registration, translation or TTY/TDD services call: IN NEW JERSEY 2-1-1 TOLL FREE
The north Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30.
- Coping with the Emotional Impact of Public Health Emergencies
- Red Cross Disaster and Safety Library
- Federal Alliance for Safe Homes, Inc.-FLASH
- Emergency Preparedness and People with Disabilities
- “Wash Your Hands: Staying clean After a Disaster
- Emergency Readiness for Older Adults and Caregivers
- ASPCA Disaster Preparedness for Your Pets